You already know – there’s a LOT going on in the LA beer scene! There are new breweries opening every month, beer fests, tap takeovers, and beer dinners going on each week, and brand new beers being brewed and released every single day. We can’t cover it all alone.
It’s time we brought on some help. Hopped LA is looking for new voices and new perspectives on LA beer. And we want YOU to join the team!
How can you contribute?
Hopped LA is all about content that helps people discover the awesomeness of the Los Angeles beer scene. Here are some examples of ways you can contribute, but feel free to pitch us any wacky and wild ideas you might have.
Here’s what we ARE looking for:
- Neighborhood beer guides
- Local beer news
- Op-ed pieces
- Beer event & festival coverage
- Interviews with interesting figures in the LA beer scene
- Photos & videos from breweries & beer bars
- Or anything else you want to talk about
Here’s what we’re NOT looking for:
- Beer reviews
- Negativity of any kind
Why should you contribute?
Good question! You get to work with us, of course. But in all seriousness, here’s why you should think about joining our small team:
- Join us in our mission to help people discover awesome beer in Los Angeles.
- Get your content get seen! We promote every piece we publish and reach 15,000 – 20,000 LA beer drinkers weekly. And because it’s online, your work will live on forever and continue racking up views.
- Build your beer media portfolio on one of the best beer websites in one of the top beer markets in the country. (Yes, we’re biased.)
- Get in with Hopped early! We have a bunch of cool stuff in progress and have some BIG plans to grow our presence both inside and outside of LA. We can’t do it alone and will bring on our top contributors to lead those efforts.
What do you get in return?
Experience, exposure, relationship building, maybe some free beer, and anything else we can give back to you, we will. Want money? Our mission is to support the LA beer scene, so the small amount of revenue we do generate right now either gets put right back into growing the website or donated to the Los Angeles Brewers Guild. BUT our revenue is growing every single month and we believe in paying for great work, so it’s only a matter of time before we can reward you for your contributions with something you can use to buy gas, pay your bills, or even buy more beer with.
Check out our Contributor Guidelines below to learn more about the process and what we’re looking for.
Hope so! Fill out the form below with your information and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
Hopped LA is designed to help people discover awesome craft beer in Los Angeles. If your content is on that track, then it’s probably a good fit.
The Hopped LA audience is comprised of craft beer lovers in Los Angeles. But if we drill down into it, they’re craft beer explorers. They’re excited by discovering new beers, new breweries, new beer bars, and cool events in and around Los Angeles to enjoy them at. While there may be some mature/experienced beer drinkers in the group, they definitely aren’t snobs and typically don’t get very sophisticated with major beer trading and hoarding whales.
- Neighborhood Guides: https://hoppedla.com/blog/best-craft-beer-downtown-la
- News: https://hoppedla.com/blog/los-angeles-medals-gabf-2017
- Event Coverage: https://hoppedla.com/blog/art-pairing-beer-cheese-cellador-ales-vagabond-cheese-co
- Roundups: https://hoppedla.com/blog/new-craft-breweries-bars-spring-2017
- Interviews: https://hoppedla.com/blog/two-years-three-weavers-six-thousand-barrels
- Opinion: https://hoppedla.com/blog/brewery-second-chances
- Anything else that you think would be interesting!
How to Contribute
Pitch us an idea! The more details the better. We’ll let you know if it’s a good fit for Hopped LA or if we have any other feedback or suggestions. Then we’ll figure out a due date that works for you, and when it’s done, you can submit to us in a Google Doc.
The content submitted to Hopped LA must be unique, written by you, and not published anywhere else.
The Independent Thing
This may go without saying, but we only publish content about independently owned breweries. So that means, Golden Road, Lagunitas, Ballast Point, and other corporate-owned beer entities are out.
Voice & Tone
Friendly, approachable, and excited about the local LA beer scene.
While we have a relaxed vibe and use an informal tone, we do take our editorial standards very seriously. Please do your best to submit a polished product with proper grammar, spelling, formatting, and punctuation. The more time we need to put into editing your piece, the longer it may take to publish it.
After the Article
We’ll promote your article to our email subscribers and social media audiences for at least a week following publication. During that time, we may ask you to respond to comments that come in. Of course, feel free to post it, tweet it, share it and get the word out. Then, after your article is published, feel free to pitch us again! Your articles will continue to live on our website and pick up traffic over time – some of our most popular articles are 6-12 months old!